Lost in Language is the seventh episodes in the first season of The Owl House.
|For a full plot of "Lost in Language", click here.|
|For a full transcript of "Lost in Language", click here.|
- Sarah-Nicole Robles as Luz Noceda
- Wendie Malick as Eda
- Alex Hirsch as King
- Mae Whitman as Amity Blight
- Isabella Rossellini as Bat Queen
- Erica Lindbeck as Emira Blight
- Ryan O'Flanagan as Edric Blight
Title in other languages
|Portuguese (Brazil)||Falta de comunicação||Lack of communication|
|German||Amitys Tagebuch||Amitys Diary|
|French||Jeux de Langages||Languages Games|
|Vietnamese||Đêm Ở Thư Viện||The Night At The Library|
- Demon Decimal System: Reference to the Dewey Decimal System used to categorize books in a library.
- Necronomicon: Reference to the book of dark magic from H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos.
- Pride & Pythius: Reference to Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice.
- Nightlight: Reference to Stephenie Meyers' Twilight. It even replicates the cover art.
- Final Fantasy VII : Luz opens a book called Witch Wares Weekly that gives her an outfit similar to Cloud Strife, the protagonist of the game Final Fantasy VII and his broadsword, the Buster Sword. In addition, the same book has on the cover a character similar to Sephiroth, the villain of the video game and one of the most popular of the franchise (along with Kefka from Final Fantasy 6).
- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The bat baby reproducing by vomiting up her offspring references the parasprites from Swarm of the Century that reproduce the same way.
- Revolutionary Girl Utena: The cover of one of the books Luz is reading depicts the character Utena from this popular manga and anime.
- "And stop being a jerk to your friend" got muted in Southeast Asia broadcast.
- When Amity was angry and put a hand on her heart chest, her black nails disappeared.
- When the Amity standing on the "6/6" entry of Amity's diary first appears, she is missing her pupils and the brown part of her hair. In the next scene, she appears normal.
- The boiling Isles have books about The Good Witch Azura.
- The scene with the readers are looking at crystal balls is clearly a style of YouTube (How to use flying vehicles, cat videos, and the classic slow internet connections screen)
- The first librarian was tending the Cat Coven booth in Covention.
- The Bonesborough Public Library has the following books:
- Birds of the Boiling Isles
- Snowballs, A History
- Otabin the Bookmaker
- Quacks Eats Snacks
- The Lone Witch & Secret Room
- Ancient Texts
- Pride & Pythius by R. Coburn
- Barely a Duchess
- Coping with Empty Nest Syndrome
- It also features the following magazines:
- Regal Couture
- Witch Wares Weekly
- It is noted that King and Eda have knowledge on television, while not during the first episode, implying that Luz explained it to them at some point before this episode.
- The Amity that emerges from the diary entry dated 6/6 has completely green hair. No brown roots have grown out over her forehead.
- One of the items in the chest the Bat Queen gives Eda is an Aztec death whistle.
- When Edric pull the book at the "Romance" bookshelf section, the 7th code got revealed, its the same code as the 1st code so the code is "Two".
- Although this episode premiered in 2020, it was produced in 2019 according to the credits.
- This episode occurs a week after the events of "Covention" and two weeks after the events of "I was a Teenage Abomination".
- Amity reads to children at the library for extra credit.
- This episode reveals and introduces Amity's older twin siblings.
- Amity has her personal hideaway in the library. The book where its entrance is, The Lone Witch & Secret Room, is the "knob".
I almost passed out.
Human, do you see me going to the Owl Shack and bugging you while you... fry up owl?
I'm Emira. And this is Edric. We're Amity's older siblings. We heard how you embarrassed her at the school and at the witch convention last week. No wonder she hates you.
We're her family. It's tough love. She needs to learn to lighten up.
I’ve been trying to figure out what your deal is. Are you a poser, a nerd? I know. You’re a bully, Luz
Maybe you aren’t a bully. I haven’t exactly been the friendliest witch either. I’ll think of that.
Click here to view the gallery.