Piniet is a minor antagonist in The Owl House. He is publisher from Piniet Publishing House.
Piniet is a biped demon with green skin and three blue eyes, one of which stays closed unless he is reading something. He also has small teeth that stick out from his mouth.
He wears small round glasses that rest at the end of his nose, and wears a long red jacket with yellow trimming and a blue hat. He also wears brown boots.
Powers and abilities
- Third Eye: Piniet has a third eye between his two normal eyes, and is able to speed-read when all three eyes are open, reading a novel-length book in seconds while still taking note of any important details.
- Binding Contract: He requires clients to sign an enchanted contract that leaves them beholden to his whim in exchange for his publishing and promoting their work. Presumably, much of his magic only works on those who sign this contract. However, the contract's powers can be nullified simply by tearing it in half.
- Box Transmutation: He can transform anyone who has signed one of his contracts into a small, cube-shaped object with the victim's face. He uses this as punishment for clients who fail to meet their deadlines.
- Magical Prison: He can trap a victim in a cube of pure magical energy, and once having done so, can cause the cube to shrink and contract. Supposedly, this is used to inflict the aforementioned curse by giving a client "incentive" to avoid it.
|The Owl House Main Theme:||Absent|
|The Owl House Credits Theme:||Absent|
|1. "A Lying Witch and a Warden":||Absent||10. "Escape of the Palisman":||Absent|
|2. "Witches Before Wizards":||Absent||11. "Sense and Insensitivity":||Debut|
|3. "I Was a Teenage Abomination":||Absent||12. "Adventures in the Elements":||Absent|
|4. "The Intruder":||Absent||13. "The First Day":||Absent|
|5. "Covention":||Absent||14. "Really Small Problems":||Absent|
|6. "Hooty's Moving Hassle":||Absent||15. "Understanding Willow":||Absent|
|7. "Lost in Language":||Absent||16. "Enchanting Grom Fright":||Absent|
|8. "Once Upon a Swap":||Absent||17. "Wing It Like Witches":||Absent|
|9. "Something Ventured, Someone Framed":||Absent||18. "Agony of a Witch":||Absent|
|19. "Young Blood, Old Souls":||Background|
Behind the scenes
Piniet is voiced by André Sogliuzzo.
Piniet made his official debut in the episode, "Sense and Insensitivity".
Foreign voice actors
|Hungarian||Gubányi György István|
- His possession of a third eye may be a reference to both the mythic concept of the third eye, said to grant extrasensory perception, and the parietal third eye found in reptiles and amphibians.
- The latter trait may also be based on a tuatara, a reptile native to New Zealand known for the aforementioned third eye. In folklore, tuatara are also regarded as keepers of knowledge and as omens of bad luck, both qualities evident in Piniet.